Terms and Conditions
This site is owned and operated by the Wild Place Project on behalf of Bristol Zoological Society. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
1. User obligation
Use of this site constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date on which you first use the site. By accessing, using and/or downloading materials from this site, you agree on your own behalf and on behalf of each entity and person on whose behalf you act to abide by the terms and conditions set forth below. The Wild Place Project reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these terms on accessing the site. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this site and therefore should cease using this site immediately.
2. Copyright and Other Intellectual Property
The names, images and logos identifying the Wild Place Project, and associated organisations or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of the Wild Place Project, its associated companies and/or third parties.
All copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in this site (including the design, arrangement and look and feel) and all material or content supplied as part of the site shall remain at all times the property of the Wild Place Project. In accessing the Wild Place Project site, you agree that you do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not agree to, permit or assist in any way any third party to commercially exploit or modify in any way the material or content without the Wild Place Project's prior written permission.
The use of this site is only for lawful purposes, in a manner which does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is defamatory, or which may harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or interruption of the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
4. Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability
This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons relating to www.wildplace.org.uk
, the Wild Place Project and/or any of its associated companies, products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without warranty of any kind, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
The information and other materials included on this site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. The Wild Place Project does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information and materials or the reliability of any statement or other information displayed or distributed through the site (including, without limitation, the information provided through the use of any software). You acknowledge that any reliance on any such statement or information shall be at your sole risk. The Wild Place Project reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the site and to make changes to the site and to the materials, products, programs, services or prices described in the site at any time without notice. In no event will the Zoo and/or third parties be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages or any damages including, but not limited to, errors or omissions, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising from use, loss of use, data or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. These exclusions do not apply to death or personal injury caused by the Wild Place Project negligence and only apply to the extent permitted by law.
The Wild Place Project does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free or that defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. The Wild Place Project does not represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of any material. The Wild Place Project may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this site, including the availability of any features of the site, at any time without notice or liability.
5. Admission Tickets
All admission tickets are non-refundable. Only one offer valid per transaction (if applicable).
6. The Wild Place Project Products
All products and services mentioned in this site are subject to availability and are available at the sole discretion of the Wild Place Project. Furthermore, all references to the Wild Place Project products and services are intended to apply only in the United Kingdom.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Wild Place Project from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities arising in any manner from your entry to and use of the site other than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
8. Law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Disputes arising herefrom shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the law of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from that clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The Wild Place Project makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside of the United Kingdom and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access this site from a location outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
9. More Information
For more information contact us.
10. Wild Run - Event Terms and Conditions
This event is organised by Bristol Zoological Society.
PARTICIPANTS: READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND WILL LIMIT YOUR ABILITY TO BRING FUTURE LEGAL ACTIONS.
The event is designed to be a fun but challenging cross country running course.
The event will be held in challenging outdoor and/or wilderness and/or hostile environments that might include, uneven terrain, mud, water, adverse weather conditions such as snow, ice, fog, humidity, wind and rain; and involve an inherent risk of wildlife contact with wildlife, poisonous plants and/or ticks.
The event may also require running on public footpath which could pose hazards including but not limited to collisions with pedestrians, and/or fixed or moving objects and the negligence of other path users.
Some of the hazardous activities within the event include but are not limited to running across undulating, rough and difficult terrain, traversing muddy and wooded areas. The event is a potentially dangerous hazardous sporting activity that presents a significant physical and mental challenge to participants.
The event will result in strenuous physical exertion as participants will be required to be active for a long period of time, including the risk of taking part in these activities in the challenging environments and weather conditions described above.
The Bristol Zoological Society will use reasonable care and skill to ensure that the event venue is fit and suitable for the purposes of the event as set out above. Note that due to the challenging nature of the event it is not possible to remove all elements of risk.
1. Your Responsibilities
- You will not take part in the event unless you have signed and returned the Bristol Zoological Society disclaimer provided to you in advance of the event.
- You acknowledge and understand that the Event is a potentially hazardous sporting event and that there are numerous inherent risks associated with participating as set out above.
- You fully acknowledge and understand that there given the inherent risks, participating in the event may result in illness, injury or injuries and/or death to yourself or others.
- You recognise the inherent risks associated with the event and consider yourself physically and mentally able to take part in the event.
- You enter the event voluntarily and with full knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with participation in the event, you are strongly advised to take every reasonable precaution and in the case of any questions are advised to contact Bristol Zoological Society prior to the event.
- You are responsible for your own safety throughout the event and you are taking part in the event at your own risk.
- You acknowledge and understand that it is your personal responsibility to arrange for insurance cover for the event if you wish to be covered by insurance. The Bristol Zoological Society will not provide insurance cover for participants in the event. By agreeing to the declaration on the event entry form, you accept that the Bristol Zoological Society has made this clear to you in advance of the event.
- Bristol Zoological Society release of liability in consideration for being permitted to participate in the event, you hereby waive, release and forever discharge, for yourself, your heirs, executors, administrators and legal representatives, any and all rights and/or claims which you may have against the Bristol Zoological Society, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and event sponsors for any and all damages and/or claims which may be sustained by him directly or indirectly arising out of his participation in the event (including the application of emergency or medical services at the event).
- Further, you undertake that you shall not take any action against the Bristol Zoological Society, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and event sponsors for any and all damages and/or claims which may be sustained by you directly or indirectly arising out of your participation in the event.
- This release and discharge includes, but is not limited to, claims for property damage, economic loss, breach of contract, lost wages, contribution indemnity, other indemnities, punitive damages, or any other legally recognisable claim arising out of your participation in the event (including all legal costs associated with such claims).
- You hereby agree to indemnify the Bristol Zoological Society, its directors, officers, employees and consultants against any and all claims, lawsuits and causes of action whatsoever or howsoever arising and brought against them by any third party as a result of your actions and/or participation in the event, including without limitation, the violation of any laws or regulations by you or a breach by you of these Terms and Conditions of entry.
- You understand that failure to comply with the terms and conditions listed here may, at the sole discretion of the Bristol Zoological Society, result in your disqualification from the event.
- By your attending in person the physical site of Wild Run, whether you are participating or not, you are deemed to be accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- The acquisition of essential equipment, including specific safety equipment, in order to take part in the event is your responsibility and the Bristol Zoological Society strongly advises that these acquisitions are secured before entering the event.
- You accept full responsibility for the condition and adequacy of any equipment that you bring to the event.
- The Bristol Zoological Society accepts no responsibility for the loss of theft, or damage to any property owned by you or under your control deposited by you in the event’s Runners Village and/or at any point of the event course. This includes any transport of equipment that may be in element of the service provided during the event by, or on behalf, of the Bristol Zoological Society.
- You agree to notify the Bristol Zoological Soceity if you believe that any aspects of the event course, facilities or equipment are unsafe or pose unreasonable risks to yourself or others.
4. Image Rights
- You understand and acknowledge that participation in the event may cause injury or injuries that may be categorised as minor, serious or catastrophic: minor injuries are common and may include but are not limited to scrapes; bruises; sprains; nausea; and cuts. Serious injuries are less common but do sometimes occur. They include but are not limited to: property loss or damage; broken bones; torn ligaments; concussions; exposure; heat-related illness; mental stress or exhaustion; and infection. Catastrophic injuries are rare; however you should be aware of the possibility. These injuries can include permanent disabilities; spinal injuries; paralysis; stroke; heart attack and even death.
- You declare that you are physically fit and healthy enough to take part in activities during the event.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to consult with your General Practitioner (“GP”) prior to participating in the event to ensure that you are fit and well enough to take part and that your participation will not pose any unusual or serious risks to your health and well-being.
- At the event you will be required to hand in your completed medical questionnaire alongside your disclaimer which you will have received prior to the event; if lost a second copy can be completed at registration. It is your responsibility to retain the race number and wristband throughout the event duration.
- In the event of any accident or illness whilst taking part in the event, you give permission for the Bristol Zoological Society and contracted first aiders to initiate first aid treatment, any necessary medical transportation and inform your next of kin.
5. Personal Film
- By participating in the event you consent to being photographed and/or to be included in the filming of imagery recording the event and/or to be included in sound recordings of the event. You hereby waive any and all rights of publicity or privacy and hereby grants to the Bristol Zoological Society the sole, full and complete permission and authority to utilise and exploit your appearance in the event in any and all manners and media throughout the world in perpetuity without the need for any further approvals from you.
- You further agree that the Bristol Zoological Society has the sole discretion to use or refuse to use any event photographs or sound or media recordings in which the you appear, and that the Bristol Zoological Society may use or edit such sound or imagery at his sole discretion and as he thinks fit. Subject to any restrictions of privacy imposed by law, you hereby consents to the use of your name, image, likeness, voice and any biographical material about you in connection with any and all footage of the event, publicity and related promotional material of the Bristol Zoological Society and for any and all publicity and promotional purposes.
- You expressly waive any claims against the Bristol Zoological Society (including their directors, officers, agents, employees, consultants, licensees and assignees) in relation to any issues concerning the invasion of privacy, defamation or any other cause of action whatsoever arising out of the production, distribution, sale, broadcast or exhibition of event imagery or sound and/or any promotional materials relating to the event.
6. Data Protection and Marketing
- You are welcome to take photographs and film footage of your participation in the event for non-commercial purposes (that is for personal and private use only). You are not permitted to reproduce or use photographs or footage of the event on any website, in any printed media or matter or in any television programme without first obtaining the prior written consent of the Bristol Zoological Society. You hereby agree to assign (by way of present assignment of future copyright) to the Bristol Zoological Society all your rights, title and interests in the world-wide copyright and all intellectual property rights in such reproduced or used photographs or footage in perpetuity together with exclusive world-wide rights of exploitation thereof.
7. Contact Address
- You may request access to, change or delete personal data held by us at any time.
- We may occasionally email you information regarding future events. You may opt out of this at any time.
- You give permission to use personal data provided by you (including medical information) and collected by us through entry and participation at the event. This will be used for administration, research and publicity of our events only. You also consent to your personal information being provided to third party providers who perform services on our behalf such as first-aid providers, marshals and safety staff. The information provided to these companies will be only such information which is strictly required for performing their service. In particular, you specifically acknowledge the necessity for us to provide those engaged in providing first aid and marshalling services with the medical information that you provide us, in order to ensure your welfare during the event.
- The phone numbers of your next of kin and medical information will not be used or shared with any third party, except with medical services during the event you are taking part in.
8. Event Rules
- Address for the service to which complaints can be made: Development Department, C/O Bristol Zoo Gardens, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3HA.
- It is your sole responsibility to comply at all times during the event with all applicable laws, byelaws and regulations of the United Kingdom, including without limitation, all speed regulations, road traffic laws and laws relating to the possession or use of alcohol, drugs or other prohibited substances.
- For reasons of fairness, safety and responsibility you are expected to abide by the following rules and regulations as laid out by the Bristol Zoological Society. Ignorance of these rules and regulations shall be regarded as no excuse and failure to comply with these rules and regulations may lead to penalties or disqualification from the event.
- Please at all times show respect for the environment, landowners, local communities, other recreational users of the park and animals.
- Always follow and adhere to the Highway Code and local byelaws.
- Ensure you are wearing or carrying the appropriate mandatory and recommended kit at all times.
- Notify the event medic (at registration) of any significant medical history.
- Do not interfere with the timing clock or it’s positioning.