Key stage 1 & 2
Inspire your class with a hands-on session designed to engage pupils with the natural world, develop their communication and social skills, and enrich their learning.
NEW! Remarkable Reindeer (KS1 and KS2)
Get festive at Wild Place this winter and find out why reindeer are associated with Christmas, how they are adapted to survive the cold, and make your own reindeer Christmas decoration to take home.
NEW! Why the Long Neck? (KS2)
Adaptation and evolution come to life through games and hands-on exploration. Looking at Wild Place Project’s animals, particularly giraffes, children discover how adaptation and natural selection lead to evolution.
Wildly Creative (KS1 and KS2)
Pupils explore colours, patterns and textures in nature, and are inspired by the forest around them to create natural artworks and decorations. They learn to identify trees and plants, and develop literacy skills by gathering exciting words to describe their sensory experience.
Wild About Wolves (KS1 and KS2)
Challenging preconceptions of the Big Bad Wolf, pupils learn the truth about wolves, discover why wolves howl and find their pack by smell alone. Through a series of games, pupils also learn about wolf adaptation and take part in the predator-prey challenge!
Amazing Madagascar (KS1 and KS2)
In our Madagascar Schoolhouse, next to the lemurs and goats, pupils discover the unique species of the world’s fourth largest island, and play the deforestation game. They explore a Madagascan village, solving clues in an interactive trail and meet a Madagascan creepy crawly.
Animal Detectives (KS1 and KS2)
Introducing classification with an engaging detective hunt exploring the features of different vertebrates. Pupils also sort animal artefacts, play topical games and meet some live invertebrates.
Marvellous Minibeasts (KS1 and KS2)
Explore woodland or meadow habitats and discover the amazing minibeasts which live there. Pupils examine invertebrates in detail using magnifying glasses and identify them using a simple key. Depending on your requirements this may include a focus on: classification; identification; habitats; food chains or adaptations. Sessions may include the opportunity to handle some of our exotic minibeasts.
*This session is available from April to July. School group size limited to 45.
Powerful Plants (KS1 and KS2)
Pupils discover the many uses of plants, identify woodland plants, examine a flower under a field microscope and explore pollination and seed dispersal. They also plant seasonal seeds or bulbs to take home.
Personal Development Workshops
Learning from Lemurs (KS1 and KS2)
Especially suitable for ASD, pupils observe lemurs and interpret their behaviour. In a series of games, they compare this to their own human behaviours to learn how to read non-verbal signals which convey mood and emotion.
(Minimum 10 children, Maximum total: 36 children in 3 sessions of 12).
Naturally Mindful (Upper KS2)
Mindfulness can help pupils improve their abilities to pay attention, calm down when they are upset, and make better decisions. Using breathing buddies, going on a noticing walk, eating mindfully, and engaging ‘spidey senses’, awakens children to the sensory experience of the present moment.
(Minimum 10 children, Maximum total: 45 children in 3 sessions of 15).
Curriculum links included in these sessions:
· KS1 & KS2: Working Scientifically (All sessions)
· KS1: Seasonal Changes (Remarkable Reindeer, Wildly Creative, Powerful Plants)
· KS1 & KS2: Living Things and their habitats (All sessions)
· KS1 &KS2: Animals (Remarkable Reindeer, Why the Long Neck?,Wild about Wolves, Animal Detectives, Amazing Madagascar, Marvellous Minibeasts)
· KS1 & KS2: Plants (Powerful Plants)
· KS2 Year 6: Evolution & Inheritance (Why the Long Neck?, Wild about Wolves, Amazing Madagascar, Marvellous Minibeasts)
· KS1 & KS2: Locational knowledge, human and physical geography (Remarkable Reindeer, Why the Long Neck?, Wild about Wolves, Amazing Madagascar)
· KS1 & KS2: Spoken Language, vocabulary (All sessions)
· KS1 & KS2: Team games (Remarkable Reindeer, Why the Long Neck?, Wild about Wolves, Wildly Creative, Marvellous Minibeasts)
· KS2: Outdoor and adventurous challenges (Wildly Creative)
· KS1 & KS2: Health and Wellbeing (all sessions)
· KS1 & KS2: Relationships (all sessions)
· KS1 & KS2: Living in the wider world (all sessions)
These sessions can also be adapted for EYFS sessions.
Click here for our full education brochure.
For more information or to book please email email email@example.com or call 0117 428 5602.