Accessibility and Facilities
Here at Wild Place Project we have tried to keep our paths and woodland walks as natural as possible. Some areas may not be accessible to wheelchairs and buggys. We recommend that guests who are registered disabled visit our Guest Information Point to see how we can maximise your visit
View our Access Statement
Facilities at Wild Place Project
- Please note that our Guest Information is open daily from 10:00am - 3:30pm.
- Hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and pastries including cakes are available in our Courtyard Café.
- Shop for gifts and souvenirs.
- As Wild Place Project is based on a site rich in natural beauty please be aware that paths can be loose and uneven, so please ensure you wear sensible footing - we would advise against wearing flip flops etc. Unfortunately, this means that large parts of Wild Place Project are unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- Only dogs that are registered with Assistance Dogs UK can visit with their registered owner. You will need to bring confirmation of the registration on your visit. Dog Disclaimer
- We do not allow scooters, skateboards, bicycles, ball games (with the exception of the Tower Meadow), roller skates or barbecues on site
- Parking at Wild Place Project is limited; we advise arriving early during peak periods to avoid disappointment. Parking is free of charge.
- Coach parking spaces are strictly limited, and must be pre-booked. They will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Toilets can be found by the Fun Fort.
- There are picnic benches in the Walled Garden
We have some fantastic woodland and grassland areas but if you are visiting in the spring, summer or autumn, it’s important to be aware of insects and ticks
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and trousers when walking through tall vegetation
- Light fabrics are useful, as it is easier to see insects against a pale background
- Inspect skin frequently and make sure that children's head and neck areas are properly checked. At the end of the day, check again, especially in skin folds
- Check that insects are not brought home on clothes
- If you get bitten, treat with care
- If you think you may have been bitten, please visit guest services for assistance.